Garza Blanca Resort & Spa understands that certain guests and members require the assistance of a service animal during their stay, which is why the resort would like to share its Service Animal Policy. This policy applies to all of the resorts belonging to the Tafer collection.
The service animal policy has been created to ensure that guests and members who travel with their service animal to the resort enjoy total comfort and satisfaction during their stay. It also helps establish a pleasant stay for fellow guests and members as well as the service animals that will potentially visit the resort. The resort is happy to extend this service to guests and members who meet all of the requirements to bring a service animal onsite. However, the resort wants to remind all guests and members that it is not officially “pet friendly” and therefore charges a reasonable fee for a service animal to stay in any room.
Terms and Conditions for staying with a service animal at the resort:
- Guests and members are required to present all of the official documents which verify that the animal is indeed an approved service animal (certificates).
- The weight limit for the animal is 20kg (44 pounds).
- A refundable deposit of $200 USD is required upon check-in to cover any potential damage that may occur.
- Besides the extra accommodation fee for the animal, an additional $50 USD will be charged daily in order to deep clean the room.
- There is a limit of just one authorized service animal to stay in any given room.
- Service animals will not have access to common areas including swimming pools, the gym, indoor restaurants and bars, etc. There are designated areas where you will be able to walk your service animal.
- If you require your service animal’s presence while dining at any of the onsite restaurants, your dining experience will be limited to the outdoor terrace areas only. Due to health and hygiene purposes, no exceptions will be made.
- If there is any noise or other discomfort reported by other guests or members, the resort reserves the right to enter the room if necessary.
- Any time your service animal is in the common areas of the resort, it must be on a leash.
- The service animal may only be left alone in the room if it is secured inside of its travel cage.
- Service animals are not allowed to sleep or sit on any of the furniture in your suite including the beds. Likewise, you may not use any hotel towels for animal grooming.
- The owner of the service animal is solely responsible for it and its behavior throughout a stay at the resort. A waiver agreeing to this must be signed upon arrival.
- If the service animal’s owner does not observe all of the previously mentioned points, the resort might take action based on the offense that has occurred.
What is Provided
If you will be traveling with your service animal, the resort wants to give your pet an exceptionally comfortable stay. With that in mind, the resort provides the services listed below:
- Bowls for both food and water will be made available to use.
- A fresh pet bed, which will be cleaned every day but only replaced if it is needed.
- A complimentary set of bags to collect waste when you arrive.
- For service animals that do not have any special dietary needs or restrictions, the convenient option of purchasing animal food before your arrival.
- A map of the property which highlights the appropriate places to walk your animal.
Please take into consideration that any damages made to items such as beds, bowls and cushions etc will be subtracted from the deposit amount. These items should remain at the resort upon your departure.