The winners of the Crystal Apple Awards are determined by the vacation surveys received from thousands of Apple Vacations customers rating their holiday satisfaction. Apple Vacations is a world leader in vacation packages to vacation destinations throughout Mexico, the Caribbean, the Hawaiian Islands, Central and South America. Several categories are awarded including Best Overall Airline Experience, Best Entertainment and Best Destination 2019. In September, Puerto Vallarta-Riviera Nayarit was awarded the prestigious Crystal Apple Award in the category of Best Destination 2019. If you are wondering why, here are some clues:
- Gastronomy: If you are one of those travelers who considers themselves a real foodie, the range of cuisine in Puerto Vallarta will delight you. For starters, here you will find a huge variety of authentic Mexican cuisine. From classic tacos, carnitas, roasted and marinated meats to more elaborate traditional Mexican foods, such as mole poblano, pozole, birria and tamales. For seafood lovers, you will find the freshest seasfood straight from the ocean including giant oysters, shrimp, octopus and scallops. There is also an impressive range of international cuisine including: Italian, German, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, and classic American food. The gastronomy range in Puerto Vallarta satisfies even the most cosmopolitan palates.
- Beaches: In Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Nayarit, you can find a beach for every mood including secluded and quiet beaches, surfing beaches with big waves and also smaller waves perfect for beginners. There are lively beaches with vendors and music and also beaches close to reefs where you will find a fantastic variety of fish. With a sunny climate 300 days of the year, and warm sea temperature perfect for swimming, the beaches here are optimal for rest or fun.
- Mountains: Here you can practice extreme sports, from zip lining above the treetops, to maneuvering rough terrain on an ATV or Polaris RZR, or hiking up steep trails. One of the elements that makes this location so special is the backdrop of the stunning Sierra Madre Mountains in combination with the hypnotic deep blue sea.
- Charming Mexican Puebla: A feature that fascinates visitors is its charming city center. With cobbled streets, buildings with red tile roofs and its colorful cathedral facing the sea, Puerto Vallarta brings together all the elements of a magical Mexican town. That is why its inhabitants work hard to preserve its exceptional character. In a world full of ultra-modern resorts, the architecture of Puerto Vallarta is like a balm for those who long for a more relaxed pace.
- Friendliest City: Puerto Vallarta is known as ‘the friendliest city in the world’. The exceptional staff and service offered here promises to give your vacation a feeling of warmth and friendship difficult to find in other destinations. Ever since the Night of the Iguana was filmed here, which put Puerto Vallarta on the map, it has been cultivating a culture of hospitality. The exceptional service that you will find here is the reason why visitors frequently want to return.
Now we hope you have a better idea why, last September, Puerto Vallarta-Riviera Nayarit was voted the Best Destination in 2019. A Vallarta hotelier who attended the Award Ceremony in Chicago, said: “We accept this recognition, as part of our commitment to remain a destination that meets the expectations of our visitors: a safe and modern destination with world-class amenities that honors the ecological environment.”
Congratulations Puerto Vallarta!