Everyone wants to fit into their wedding dress when the big day rolls around, but getting that svelte figure that you dream of can be more than a little challenging when real life intervenes. Stress, pressure, and poor diet can get in any bride’s way when it comes down to it, and a strict diet sometimes only fuels this fire.
There are some very basic things that you can do, however, which will up your chances of shedding the weight you want to be rid of before your big day so that you can fit perfectly into your wedding dress.
Alternatives to the gym
There simply aren’t enough hours in the day for the average person, and so, joining a gym, signing up to crossfit, or taking a yoga class may not be viable. All that matters is that you take part in some exercise every day; there are plenty of viable alternatives to going to the gym. Here are some healthy habits that will help you to shift the weight;
- Take the stairs wherever you go; stairs are great calorie burners and they will really help to firm your legs and rear!
- Walk to and from your destinations where possible, or walk on your lunch break. A brisk stroll will not only boost your metabolism, but it will help you to think and plan! Consider getting a speech to text app so that you can take notes while you walk.
- Leave the car at home; consider cycling to and from work.
Controlling your calorie intake
A restrictive, prohibitive diet is not going to help your stress levels at all when preparing for a wedding, and stress can really pile on the weight! Just focus on tracking what you eat, so you can mitigate slip ups, and making good choices.
- Food swaps; there are some healthy switches that you can make which will really save calories. Swap potatoes for sweet potatoes to boost your fibre and restrict carbohydrates, and try dried fruits and nuts instead of crisps and sweets for snacks.
- Dining; avoid eating out where possible because you are more likely to go over your calorie goals when you’re eating out. Make your breakfasts and dinners fresh, and pack your lunches every day to ensure that you’re keeping your intake under control.
- Sampling; let others help you with the sampling of wedding cake and dishes for your wedding, especially when it comes to high calorie items. Why not let your mother-in-law do it for you?
Drink more water
Drinking more water will not only help you to fit into your wedding dress but also help you get beautiful skin for your big day. Up your water intake to a minimum of 8 glasses per day (more if you can), and limit your intake of caffeinated drinks and alcohol as these can increase appetite and will contain empty calories. If you’re driven to the bottle by a very hard week you should consider a wine spritzer made with sparkling water, or a gin and tonic.
Above all stay positive and be good to yourself; your waistline doesn’t really matter. All that matters is that you have a wonderful wedding day and feel comfortable in your own skin.