From its gorgeous beaches to its impressive culinary scene, Puerto Vallarta is one of Mexico’s most irresistible destinations for a blissful vacation. The waterfront city is home to amazing weather and breathtaking scenery which creates the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable getaway. There are plenty of things to see and do, from perusing the local boutiques, markets and art galleries, to thrilling outdoor adventures and water sports that allow you to explore all of the natural wonders of Banderas Bay. If you want to plan your next vacation to Mexico and stay at Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa in Puerto Vallarta, but haven’t made up your mind on when to do it, let this list of reasons to visit Puerto Vallarta in 2021, with the highlights happening each month, inspire you!
- Three King’s Day (January 6th) – Better known as “El Dia de los Reyes” in Mexico, this festive celebration of the wise men in the biblical story of Jesus’ birth marks the end of the holiday season, which always includes gathering together to eat a special sweet bread baked just for the occasion.
- Whale Season in Full Swing – Banderas Bay is a peaceful refuge for humpback whales that spend the winter season in its warmer waters. January is the ideal time to catch them in all of their splendor as they splash around the bay to the delight of everyone.
- Valentine’s Day (February 14th) – When romance is what you are after, a vacation in Puerto Vallarta will offer countless opportunities to fall in love all over again such as candlelit gourmet dinners, quiet walks on the beach, and couples´ spa treatments.
- Escape the Cold – If you live in a chilly climate, making a visit to Puerto Vallarta during the winter is absolutely blissful thanks to warm, sunny weather that allows for plenty of quality time outdoors without the need to bundle up!
- President’s Day (February 15th) – If you get this day off of work to honor the great presidents who have come and gone, why not come down for a long weekend or turn it into an even longer getaway?
- St. Patrick’s Day (March 17th) – As one of the holidays most synonymous with parties, what better reason to see how they celebrate in Puerto Vallarta than St. Patrick’s Day?
- Spring Equinox (March 20th) – Welcome the season of renewal in style as you enjoy a getaway in paradise.
- Plan an Easter Vacation (Easter Sunday is April 4) – Easter is a widely celebrated holiday in Puerto Vallarta, which gives you the perfect opportunity to experience this beloved holiday in a spectacular environment.
- Tax Day (April 15th) – If you know that getting your taxes done will be stressful (and isn’t it for just about everyone?), why not schedule to go on vacation right afterwards so that you have something lovely to look forward to?
- Dia del Niño (April 30th) – In Mexico, there is an annual national holiday that celebrates children every spring. Take the time to honor your own children with a vacation in Puerto Vallarta!
- 5 de Mayo (May 5th) – Although it is a common misconception that 5 de Mayo celebrates Mexico’s independence (which actually takes place in September), this holiday which celebrates the Battle of Puebla is still a great reason to have some fun.
- Mother’s Day (May 9th) – Celebrate all of the mothers in your life with a trip to Puerto Vallarta, where the wonderful holiday that honors the importance of motherhood is cherished. Pamper mom with a scrumptious brunch or an amazing spa treatment!
- Father’s Day (June 20th) – Puerto Vallarta is a great place to celebrate the holiday that honors dad, especially with fun activities like going on the Marigalante Pirate Ship together!
- Summer Solstice (June 20th) – Welcome summer in Puerto Vallarta where things will just be starting to really heat up.
- Turtle Season Begins – If you or your travel companions are nature lovers, the chance to spot sea turtles in their natural habitat is all the reason you will need to visit!
- 4th of July – You can still be patriotic if you vacation in Puerto Vallarta during the 4th of July since Garza Blanca always hosts special celebrations in honor of America’s independence.
- School Vacation – When your kids are out of school for their summer break, treat them to a vacation at Garza Blanca where they can take part in special summertime activities designed especially for them!
- Labor Day (September 6th) – Head south of the border during this huge three day weekend and escape the chaos back home.
- Mexican Independence Day (September 16th) – Without a doubt the biggest national holiday in Mexico, there are festive celebrations everywhere you turn, including right at Garza Blanca Resort & Spa!
- Halloween (October 31st) – Although celebrating Halloween in Puerto Vallarta may not be the first thing that comes to mind, the city’s various nightlife venues host many fun costume parties where you can revel in this exciting night of fantasy. Garza Blanca Puerto Vallarta offers a spectacular Spooky Trolley for a terrifying ride around the resort encountering spirits from the underworld.
- Day of the Dead (November 1st & 2nd) – This vibrant cultural holiday celebrates loved ones who have passed on.
- International Gourmet Festival – The annual Gourmet Festival in Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Nayarit takes place from November 12th -21st, 2021. This is a highlight for all the foodies out there or anyone who just appreciates delicious cuisine.
- Thanksgiving (November 25) – Give thanks for the blessings in your life with a splendid getaway to Garza Blanca where you can feast on all of the traditional dishes without any of the work involved to make them!
- Whale Watching Season Begins – If you want to help welcome the majestic humpback whales who return to Banderas Bay every year, head down to Puerto Vallarta in November when the remarkable creatures first start to appear.
- Winter Solstice (December 21st) – Why spend the day of the year with the shortest amount of daylight up north when you could be in blissfully sunny Puerto Vallarta?
- Christmas Day (December 25th) – Spending Christmas at Garza Blanca may turn out to be the most relaxing holiday you ever experience, so grab your nearest and dearest and enjoy the wonders of Christmas in Puerto Vallarta!
- New Year’s Eve (December 31st) – No doubt one of the biggest parties of the year, New Year’s Eve brings spectacular fireworks displays all around Banderas Bay to ring in the new year.
Why visit Puerto Vallarta in 2021? You now have an entire year’s worth of reasons to book your next vacation at Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa!